This is a perfect Sunday morning breakfast, when you have the time to really sit down and enjoy it, and also the time to walk off the 1000 calories it is bound to have!
Spring is wild garlic season and this recipe really brings out the best of the flavor whilst still maintaining a delicacy. If you can’t get hold of any wild garlic the you can supplement for chard, and add chives and spring onions for the little kick.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100g wild garlic, thick stalks removed and finely shredded
- 5 tbsp double cream
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 100g gruyere, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 sourdough bread, toasted, to serve
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a knob of butter in a small, oven-proof frying pan and cook the chard with a splash of water, cook to wilt.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cream and mustard to make a sauce, then add the cheese and stir together.
- Make two holes in the mixture and break an egg into each. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-10 mins. Serve with toasted sourdough.